Your Perfect Home Base While Staying in Tamworth
Whatever the reason, Roydon’s Motor Inn offers friendly country hospitality in a convenient location.
You will find us just over Peel River from the Tamworth CBD close to the New England Highway as you enter Tamworth from the south – or heading towards Sydney if coming from the opposite direction.
There are plenty of facilities and attractions within a short driving distance or if you want to park the car and walk, you will find restaurants, cafes, and several shopping precincts within an easy stroll of the motel.
Our rooms are spacious and well set-out for your comfort and all feature pillow top queen-sized beds for a great night’s sleep. Foxtel, wifi, and reverse cycle air conditioning all come standard.
Two of our rooms are pet-friendly (conditions apply) and we have two Superior Queen rooms for when you need a little extra space.
We have several facilties to help make your stay more enjoyable and comfortable including:
- An inviting saltwater swimming pool (open all year round but most enjoyable November – May).
- An undercover BBQ area for socialising or enjoying a family meal
- A relaxing small picnic area under a shady tree
- Business Services – printing, copying, black & white or colour (additional charges apply)
- Free wi-fi (We are now on NBN and our new Wi-Fi is easy to use. It is secure with a separate voucher number for every device.)
- Room service breakfast (additional charges apply)
How we got here
Brenda & Ian were both born in New Zealand. In 1995 Ian was made redundant and a few months later he obtained employment in Perth, WA so we moved way, way west. While in Perth we both did our Australian citizenship. Then in 2004 Ian was made redundant again so we made a decision to go into business for ourselves. We sold our house in Perth, packed everything up into storage, put our cats into pet boarding and headed East looking for a motel to buy. We ended up in February 2005 with a motel lease in Gunnedah NSW. In September 2011 we sold our lease, had a long holiday overseas and in Australia and then set about looking for another motel to buy. In July 2012 we came to Roydons Motor Inn and we are the owner/operators this time.